Thursday, May 3, 2007

And we're back in the game.......

We're back online!

We got a new computer a few days ago which is awesome! Its a compaq presario with vista. It doesn't seem to work too differently than XP which is nice. Its so good to have a computer and the internet again.

Hmmm...lets see what's been happening since I last blogged. The snow that we were having the last time I blogged melted in like 3 days which was nice and we have been having absolutely gorgeous weather. It's been sunny and warm. I have even worn a pair of shorts!!

Kiara is growing so much! She got desexed yesterday - it definately didn't slow her down...she is still as crazy as ever!! The info sheet we got said we need to limit her activity....no jumping, running etc... so far...we havn't managed to prevent that. She is wild. I can get her to sit and lay down on command so that's really really exciting. Now i'll have to focus on some other things. She is so heavy. I can't pick her up for more than like a minute...esp. if she squirms. Now that the weather is warmer she spends alot of time outside...she seems to enjoy that.

We are going to have a joint vegetable garden with Seth's parents at their house a short walk away. I am really excited to have fresh veggies. We are planning on growing...sugar snap peas, snow peas, green beans, cucumber, brocoli, cauliflower, capsicum and tomatos...and maybe some others...who knows. It'll be fun.

I have been going to work with Seth most days. I am trying to conquor my fear of heights and i'm slowly getting using being up on the roof...as long as it's not too tall. I just don't like getting near the edge. That's the scary bit....and getting up and down...but I am detirmined!

Not much else has been going on...just routine.

I've been tagged to do these doovys....so here goes....

1. Four Places you have Lived:
I have only ever lived in two places...
Parkes, NSW, Australia and
Warrens, WI, USA

2. Four TV. shows I like to watch:
CSI
NCIS
The Bachelor (I know I know it's sad...)
Survivor

3. Four Places I have been on vacation:
California (Disneyland)
Warrens
New Caledonia
Boona in QLD

4. Four of my favorite foods:
Cadbury Chocolate - anything Cadbury
Desserts and sweet things like pie, cake, muffins, cookies, golden balls, pudding...now im making myself hungry...lol
Pizza
Mum's potato bake

5. Four places I'd rather be right now:
Hmm...i dunno if places I'd rather be is a good description...cause that kind of implies that im not happy where I am...which isn't true...but....places that i think would be cool to be are...
Heaven
Parkes
In a rainforrest (minus the creepy bugs and leeches and stuff)
At a waterpark


6. Four people with Blogs that I am going to "Tag" for this:
Deborah
and everyone else I know with blogs has either already done it or already been tagged... so i tag anyone who reads my blog who has a blog.

and I was also tagged to do this one....

Wikipedia

The rules are:
1) Go to Wikipedia
2) In the search box, type your birth month and day but not the year.
3) List three events that happened on your birthday
4) List two important birthdays
5) List two deaths
6) One holiday or observance (if any)
7) Tag 5 other bloggers to complete

The 5th of July

Three Events

1687 - Isaac Newton publishes Philosophiae Naturalis Principia Mathematica.

1954 - Elvis Presley has his first commercial recording session. He sang That's All Right (Mama) and Blue Moon of Kentucky. Widely considered to be the birth of Rock and Roll.

1989 - The sitcom Seinfeld aired its first episode.


Two Birthdays

1950 - Huey Lewis, American musician

1996 - Dolly, first cloned mammal (d. 2003) she was a sheep


Two Deaths

1945 - John Curtin, 14th Prime Minister of Australia (b. 1885)

2004 - Rodger Ward, American race car driver (b. 1921)


One Holiday

Venezuela: Independence Day (1811).

Tag some people

I'm just gonna be lazy and tag anyone who reads this and hasn't done it.

It's good to be back!!

18 comments:

LOUD? said...

Hey Claire!

Welcome back. I'm pumped!!!!

Your new computer sounds so cool.

LOUD? said...

How heavy is Keira? I get worn out carrying the kids. Sam is 20kgs Roo 18kgs and Carissa 13kgs. I know, I am a wimp....

LOUD? said...

That is so cool that you got Seinfeld as it's first episode!! (And deb got stuck with Neighbours, he he he)

LOUD? said...

I like your mums potato bake too (It's very lush Coralie). Plus I've heard your mum makes a good fried rice, which is what I just ate for breakfast....I ran out of cereal and bread. So ate leftovers. I'm not sure my fried rice is as good as your mum's though.

LOUD? said...

Your vegie garden sounds awesome!!!

I love sugar snap and snow peas. They will be scrummy fresh. Plus I like broccoli and red capsicum.

I'm impressed

LOUD? said...

I am bad at getting on and off roofs too!!

I got stuck on a roof once because I was too chicken to make the leap to the ladder. How embarassing. Took ages to coax me back down...maybe I am tougher now. I hope.

LOUD? said...

lol @ Dolly the Sheep.

LOUD? said...

Sorry I did so many comments, I kept forgetting what I was going to say and had to go back and remind myself!

Love Nomes

Clairey said...

Thanks for all the comments nomes! I feel priveleged. Kiara is prob about 16kg...she doesn't hold herself very well either. Yeah..my mum's fried rice is awesome!

Megan (well der) said...

welcome back from the dead!

LOUD? said...

Hey Claire!!! You are there right now!! COOL :)

Zarna said...

We were supposed to keep crusher quiet after he got desexed and the first thing he did when I put him down inside was go to the stairs and jump off the bottom one (big leap for him it was his full height at the time).
Justins old housemate's cat took a flying leap at the wall and got stuck on it coz it hurt and she wouldn't jump down. But she was psycho.

Clairey said...

Yeah! Kia is just crazy - the only way I could keep her contained is put her in her crate...and I don't really wanna do that so I guess I'll just hope she doesn't do anything to hurt it.

Deb said...

wow - the birth of Rock'n'roll and Seinfeld...both significant!! I'm impressed!!

I can't believe Nomes still mocks me for Neighbours....I was hoping it would be forgotten...

Deb said...

ok, you have tagged me fair and square...

Deb said...

sounds like you are having fun!

Deb said...

don't be ashamed of only living in 2 places - I think it's staggeringly impressive you could go from living in Parkes all your life to moving halfway across the world!!

Deb said...

Boona...now there's some crazy memories!!