Friday, May 25, 2007

An Update!!

Sorry everyone for taking so long to let you know how everything is going!!

Things are going well I think. The way Kiara behaves you wouldn't even know she had broken her leg (apart from the limp). We decided to try and let the leg heal naturally - mainly because the surgery would have costed $2000-$3000. She seems to be doing really well - only she wants to run around and play like she did before. She gets around really well - she's even really really naughty sometimes and jumps on the lounge when we're not looking. I don't think she's in very much pain which is really good - she was given two different medications, she's off one and i don't think she'd be concerned if she went off the other. During the day she stays in her outside pen because she LOVES to be outside so she prefers that to her crate and it restricts her movements. I watch her sometimes - she's either sleeping or listening to the birds and other animals. The first few days after she broke it when she was inside everytime i'd let her out all she wanted to do is go on walks and lay ouside so she's been much happier spending the days outside. So everything is going great!

hmmm...what else... the garden is growing so well!! Everything looks fantastic. One the tomatos we have at our house has a little tomato on it...it's so cute...i'll have to take a pic of it. It's very exciting...I check on it everyday to make sure it's ok. lol. The weather has been beautiful and warm, with lots of rain so everything is soooo GREEN!! It's sooo pretty.


I finally tried american Cadbury Chocolate! It's pretty good - not as good as the stuff at home but it's perfect to sastify my cravings.. mmmmm chocolate!! I rekon next time I come to visit I'm gonna bring heaps of lollies and chocolate home. lol. Stock up!!


Something else really exciting...one of my friends from school, Ashlee is coming to visit in August! She is going to be working at a Summer Camp in Michigan so we're going to pick her up from camp when she's done. It'll be so cool. I'm totally excited!

Hmm that's about all I can think of right now... anyone that hasn't already seen it should go and check out an ultrasound of my neice/nephew on my sis-in-law Zarna's blog.

HAVE A FANTABULOUS DAY!!! KEEP SMILING!!!!




7 comments:

Rinni said...

Thanks for the update! It's great that Kia's leg is healing and she doesn't seem to be bothered by it much!

Very cool that Ashlee is coming to visit you too! That would be awesome! How long will you get to catch up for?

We had a chocolate night at church last night - there was so much chocolate, I almost chocolated myself out!! Glad the American stuff can tide you over! ;p

LOUD? said...

I can't believe it took you so long to try cadbury chocolate!!

I would like to see your vegie garden. Sounds really cool!

You are so in love with Kia!!! Imagine how clucky you would be with your own baby... ;) I'm glad shes okay and really tough!

Anonymous said...

Cute, baby tomato! :) exciting that you get to see your friend!
Glad Kia isn't letting her injury keep her down!

Have fun!

Deb said...

yay - glad to hear Kia's doing well :)

Deb said...

and whew! I'm not the only one who's garden obsessed!!

Deb said...

you took this long to try US Cadbury?!!

Deb said...

glad you'll have a visitor soon!!