Saturday, January 20, 2007

SNOW!!! and other cool and exciting stuff!!

HEY!!

What an awesomely exciting week we've had! Let me start at the beginning of all the excitingness...

Well... last Saturday (exactly a week ago), Seth and I decided that we would have to buy a new fridge. The trailer we were given included some various items of furniture like a very comfy lounge set, kitchen table a chairs, a fridge and heaps of other stuff. The fridge worked, although not brilliantly, it was functional. For about a week or so I noticed that our ice cream was a mush, we realised the freezer was dying and when the other frozen foods started to get mushy we decided we had to get a new fridge. We went to La Crosse (a place about an hr away with heaps of cool shops) and looked around at the fridge places (most of them twice), but we couldn't decide. So anyways...on Sunday we went back and looked around again, after another long day of searching, we found our fridge at a great price. It is a side-by-side stainless steel, with an ice maker (I LOVE crushed ice!) and water dispenser, digital temp thingys, it has this cool drawer in the fridge that you can set to a diff temp so you can defrost meat or chill something quickly. Its totally cool!




This is the outside, sorry it's such a dodgy pic..its hard to take a picture of a reflective surface...

and...this is the inside, the fridge looks empty because I can fit most everything in the door and the drawers, but its nice to know we have space if we need it. The freezer also has glass shelving which is a really cool feature...

Anyways, on Sunday, when we were picking up our fridge it began to snow, which made it kinda difficult to get it in the house, but we accomplished it. I was SOOOO EXCITED about the snow!!! We had about 4-5 inches which is so cool!! Its so pretty and fluffy. I haven't made a snowman yet because the snow is too fluffy to pack yet...but when its good I'm gonna make a snowman. I've been eating heaps of snow too, its so cool, like eating cold fluff.

The occurrence of snow means that Seth gets to plough snow which is so fun. He is contracted to plough for like 32 mobile phone towers so on Monday and Tuesday, Seth and I went snow ploughing, he didn't have to plough very many because he only has to plough if they get more than 6 inches, but he ploughed the really scary ones....lucky for me...and some new ones that he's never done before. It was fun, I'm just glad I have heaps of faith in Seth's driving ability. The sites are all over Wisconsin so you get to see lots of cool stuff. OOH!! I just remembered, we saw this AWESOME PURPLE HOUSE! as we were driving along. It wasn't like an ugly purple, like you usually see...like that lilac colour, it was a dark purple with a lighter purple round the bottom...when we go ploughing again I will get a picture for you because it is the coolest house I have ever seen in my life!

I took some pics of the snow outside our house on Tuesday morning.... they don't do it justice...its so beautiful...

This is Seth and I driving after it has snowed ... the flag shows where the end of the plough is...


This is outside the front our our house.



This a picture of Seth's tractor covered in snow!


The weather has been rather cold along with the snow, a few mornings it has been -17.7 degrees Celsius but it usually warms up to about -7C during the day. This morning, we saw some deer in our back yard, it was cool so we took a picture...the pic is kinda dodge because it was through the window but still cool anyway...


Hmm....what other exciting stuff has happened this week...

Levi (Seth's cousin), came over for breakfast the other day and we had the best breakfast ever! We had:

  • Waffles with maple syrup, blueberry syrup, fruit (blueberry's, blackberry's and raspberry's) and cream

  • Scrambled eggs with capsicum, tomato, ham and cheese in it..

  • Bacon

It was good - I especially loved the waffles cause i think waffles are awesome!

I bought cool jumpers yesterday! They were a total bargain. They were normally $40 each...but I got them for $12 each. I took a pic so you could see how awesome they are...

I also thought I'd post some random pics to make up for my unbloggingness...

This is a pic of my nephew, Evan and I with a Reindeer.

This is a pic of me after I got my hair cut...It was cut early december and pic was taken just after...

This is an awesome drawing someone gave to us as a gift...she painted it from a picture she was given. It is gorgeous!

Anyways! Enjoy the pics...I'll try to keep you posted!

Have a good one!

Love Clairey Lou

6 comments:

Zarna said...

Yay Snow!!!
I like your new fridge!
Your life is so exciting, I wish mine was interesting :)

Rinni said...

Wow, snow - that's soo cool!
Wow, minus 17 degrees celsius - not so cool!!!
Meanwhile, over here, we're having a heatwave!! (ok, I may be exaggerating, but I have no air conditioning in Bathurst so it feels like a heatwave to me!)
I love the pictures, your place looks so pretty. I'm gonna have to visit sometime - in winter so I can make snowmen! ;)

LOUD? said...

Hey Claire

That post is HUGE!

It's cool you got snow! And the fridge is very yuppie! It looks new and fresh.

I like your new jumpers too.

Zarna's right, you do have an interesting and exciting life.

Are there like reindeers just strolling around the place all tame???

CYA!

Clairey said...

I guess I do have an exciting life...lool.. and Naomi, no Reindeer do not just stroll around - the one we were patting was tame. I don't think i've ever seen a wild one...

We're going ploughing again today cause we got more snow!:D

LOUD? said...

forgot to say, I like the picture someone drew of you and Seth at your wedding!

Deb said...

love your loooooooooong post and pics, your life looks exciting, it's cool to hear about it.

That picture of your wedding is indeed spectacular, and I think you will look super in those jumpers (except do you have to call them sweatshirts now?) and they will be great for the cold weather you have.

Your fridge is cool....I just got mine last week and it's a big one too, though not as new. I thought for a minute it was ironic that you posted pics of snowy weather and about your need for a new fridge at the same time, but as soon as yuo said your ice cream was mushing, I knew it was time for drastic action. Well done!